Each week I’ve been updating you in regard to our changes in the youth services department (this includes babies to age 19). Listed below are the modules available for the preschool and elementary ages starting mid January. Please take a look online or ask anyone in the youth services department for details. Register online for a 6 week session for classes with an asterisk or call and talk to us. All other offerings without the asterisk are available for drop-in.
• *Book Babies (Ages 0-2) Mondays, January 24-February 27, 10:30-11am. Infants through age 2 with their caregivers are invited to join us for simple stories, rhymes, fingerplays, and songs. Please feel welcome to stay after the session to allow for playtime and socializing for all ages. This 6 week session is active from 1/23 to 2/27.
• *Bitty Books (Ages 2-3) Tuesdays, January 17-February 21, 10:15-11am. Children ages 2-3 with their caregivers are invited to join us for itty bitty stories, rhymes, fingerplays or songs and a simple craft. This 6 week session is active from 1/17 to 2/21.
• Family Frolics (All ages) Mondays, January 23-February 27, 1:15-2pm or Thursdays, January 19-February 23, 1:15-2pm. All 'kids' and their caregivers are welcome to participate in some early literacy activities. Be prepared for music, movement, rhyme, and simple stories. This 6 week session is active from 1/23 to 2/27.
• *Kiddie Lit (Ages 3-6) Tuesdays, January 17-February 21, 11:30-12:15 or Thursdays, January 19-February 23, 10:15-11am or 11:30-12:15pm. Crafts, music, new friends and adventures into literacy are found during these classes. Caretakers may stay and listen or relax in another part of the library. This 6 week session is active from 1/17 to 2/21.
• Friday Freewheelers (All ages) Fridays, January 20- February 24 6:30-7:15 Preschool and elementary children are welcome with their parents for a 'mixed bag' of six week sessions on Friday evenings. Some possibilities include: stories, BINGO, a simple craft, science activity or games. It's a grab bag kind of evening! Please note that sessions will run with breaks rather than consecutively as in the past.
We are very interested in having your children try out our new classes and meet our new youth assistant, Jessica Drouin. We are happy to have a new staff member who is passionate about libraries and children. Jessica will be working with Kathy Watson and Carolyn Birr planning and implementing children’s programs. She will also fill in at the main circulation desk as needed. Jessica comes with a background in library services from the Derry Public Library. She is very excited to be joining us and looks forward to running children’s classes and events. Please introduce yourself and your children to her when you drop in to register for some of the above selections.
We will be closed on Monday, January 2nd. Happy New Year to everyone!
For more information or a list of upcoming programs, please visit our website www.kimballlibrary.com, call (603) 362-5234, or email us at email@example.com. We encourage you to ‘like’ us on Facebook/KimballLibrary.Atkinson.NH, follow us on Twitter/KimballLibrary, and RSS feed our blog -- http://kimballlibrary.blogspot.com. Also, you can get news directly sent to your inbox twice a month. Please ask us if you are interested. This is a fabulous way to stay abreast of the newest events.