Thursday, December 26, 2019

Kimball Library News 12/16/19


Have you ever wondered *WEATHER* We are OPEN or CLOSED?

When it’s snowing, icing, mixing and miserable, we get a LOT of calls wondering if we’re open or if programs are running. Just because school is closed does NOT mean that the library is closed. However, we do sometimes close early/ open late or cancel programs. If we modify our hours you can check on WMUR, our website, and Facebook. On the website will be specific details regarding program cancellations.

BALANCING BEAR YOGA: Back by DEMAND, more YOGA classes are on!  Join Balancing Bear Yoga for a 45 minute yoga class for you and your child to discover the magic of yoga through games, music, movement, breathing and more. You and your child will connect with each other, socialize with local families, and have fun! The class will be led by Kelsey Iani, RYT 200.

All are welcome - Moms, dads or other caregivers! No yoga experience needed. The class content is geared toward children ages 3 to 8 although all children are welcome. It is best to have a one-to-one adult/child ratio.

Please bring one yoga/exercise mat for you and your child to share. Dress comfortably. Water is also recommended.  Register in advance for Tuesday, January 21, 6-7:00 PM.

TEEN VOLUNTEERS: This is a great opportunity for teens to get those community services hours. You will be running games or other random tasks at our winter carnival aka “Jack Frost Jamboree” taking place on Saturday, January 25. Service hours are 10-3 although the event is open only from 10:30-2:30. You must register and contact kwatson@kimballlibrary.com so she has all your pertinent information. Enthusiastic and responsible teens only, please. Parents may not apply on behalf of the youth. Thank you!
*Please bring a bag lunch.

ART IN NATURE EXHIBIT ~ EVA MCDERMOTT: Photography on display until January 17, 2020

Eva McDermott Photography2019The photography exhibit “Art in Nature” consists of about 40 color and B&W images created by water, wind, fire, and geothermal energy. The exhibit is a combination of intimate landscapes as well as natural abstract scenes. Hope you enjoy my photographic vision.

About Eva McDermott: Photography has been my hobby, my passion for many years. My photographic journey began when I was a teenager when I bought my first camera, a 35mm Minolta range finder with the money I earned from a summer job. I grew up 5 miles (as the crow flies) from NYC, NY in New Jersey so much of my initial work was cityscapes. Having grown up in the urban landscape, I longed to spend more time in less crowded, natural spaces. I developed a love for the outdoors and love spending time hiking and photographing in our beautiful National Parks and National Forests.

The focus of my work is seascapes, landscapes, and nature abstracts using both film and digital cameras. My goal is to capture the best image possible in-camera. For many years, I printed black and white as well as color images in my own darkroom from negatives and transparencies taken with my 35mm, medium format, and 4X5 cameras. Today I use Lightroom and Photoshop only for basic editing and to prepare an image for print. You can view more of my fine art photography work at my website www.evamcdermottphotography.com . I hope you enjoy my photographic vision. My real estate photography portfolio can be found at www.emrealestatephoto.com.

Eva McDermott Please email me if interested in prints in the exhibit or others on my website. evakmcdermott@yahoo.com

SPECIAL HOURS: We will be OPEN December 31st (New Year’s Eve) from 10-3 only.   We will be CLOSED on January 1st. Overdrive Downloadable Books, the Libby App, Kanopy, and Hoopla are open 24/7 with a library card in good standing.  

Happy holidays to the best patrons in the world!

MORE INFO: Go to www.kimballlibrary.com to register for events or use the data bases. You may also call us Monday-Friday from 10-8 and on Saturday from 10-3 at 603.362.5234 to register with a ‘human’. Miss a news article?  Go to https://kimballlibrary.blogspot.com to read each and every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment